Thursday, May 13, 2010

i2i was the Starting Point

Well I did it I finally booked a French lesson last week and I have been working myself up over it ever since. Yes I know I am a big girl and yes I know that I should not be nervous and yes to another 1,000 more reasons why I tried to wheddle my way out of  this what could be for me a  torture, but the time has come for the reckoning and I have 6 months to pull my socks up and get my act together.

So 1pm was my lesson  and sitting in front of my computer and watching the time move at an exceeedingly slow pace 12.46 I log in with my name and password (nothing new there, I can do that). 12.47 my password was rejected and I started to panic I have 4 minutes till class. I retyped my passowrd 3 times and rejection each time.
12.49 oh god I am going to be late and my dam password won't work. Time to go see the confirmation email and cut and paste why did I write it down in the first place cut and paste everytime. Not so! cut & and paste even let me down this time. Finally it dawns on me cap locks ON how many times do I need to be told!!! So you are  perhaps now beginning to see why I am nervous about learning French.


Off to a good start! anyhow if you want to find out how I get on and meanwhile listen to a few of my faux pas you will just have to wait and see but you will have to follow me first.

I will return a bientot

2 comments:

H. Tan said...

this reminds me that in 2008 when i spent more than 6 months in preparing an English exam... obviously ur experience is a lot more interesting than mine :)

am waiting for ur next blog :)

Roomsofmyheart said...

Decided i should look at your other blog...how is the french going?
I thought you were french..you look french. This is an amazingly beautiful place in France. I long for a return there some day. Thanks for sharing your experiences, Krischenka.
Sadgeatplay